One of the pillars of a good relationship is sexual compatibility. But when you’re in the early stages of meeting someone, it is sometimes awkward or uncomfortable to bring up the subject of sexual preferences.
I started thinking what it would be like if we were able to express our Sexual Personality Type™ in the same way we talk about our Myers-Briggs personalities. It would definitely make talking about sexual desire a whole lot easier.
So I created the Sexual Personality Type™ Quiz. It is short, sweet and to the point.
Part One – WHO are you attracted to?
This first part has been modified from the Purple/Red Scale of Attraction and clarifies your sexual orientation.
Please note that I’ve changed the original text from sex to gender to include those whose gender identity is different from their biology. I also acknowledge that there are more choices than just “opposite” and “same” gender — if you are gender fluid or non-binary I hope you will forgive my over-simplification.
→ For Part One, choose a number from 0 to 7.
When it comes to physical relationships …
0. I am exclusively attracted to the opposite gender
1. I am mostly attracted to the opposite gender
2. I prefer the opposite gender but I am also attracted to the same gender
3. I am equally attracted to both genders
4. I prefers the same gender but I am also attracted to the opposite gender
5. I am mostly attracted to the same gender
6. I am exclusively attracted to the same gender
7. It’s complicated – we need to talk
Part Two – How high is your LIBIDO?
Do you want sex all the time, or do you just feel like it on birthdays and holidays? Part Two expresses your level of sexual desire.
→ For Part Two, choose the letter that best describes how often you desire sex.
A. Asexual – I never desire sexual intimacy
L. Low sexual drive – I desire sexual intimacy once every week or two
M. Moderate sexual drive – I desire sexual intimacy 2-3 times a week
H. High sexual drive – I desire sexual intimacy every day
V. Very high sexual drive – I desire sexual intimacy multiple times a day
C. It’s complicated – we need to talk
Part Three – How much are sex and EMOTION connected for you?
Some of us will sleep with anyone and some of us won’t let anyone near our knickers until we’ve got a wedding ring on our finger. Part three is concerned with how much emotional investment you require before you will be sexually intimate with someone.
→ Part Three – choose the number that represents the LEAST amount of emotional connection you require before you have sex with someone.
10. I will sleep with strangers
20. I will sleep with friends who I’m not in a relationship with (FWB)
30. I will sleep with someone I am casually dating
40. I will sleep with someone once we’re exclusive
50. I will sleep with someone once we’ve been dating for more than three months
60. I will sleep with someone once we’re living together
70. I will sleep with someone once I’m engaged to them
80. I will sleep with someone once I’m married to them
90. It’s complicated – we need to talk
Part Four – How sexually ADVENTUROUS are you?
Some of us prefer our sexual activity plain and simple and some of us like a bit of spice. Part Four attempts to identify how sexually adventurous you are (or could be).
→ Give yourself one point for each of the following activities you enjoy or would like to try.
⊗ Anal sex
⊗ Multiple sexual positions/locations
⊗ Multiple orgasms
⊗ Inflicting or receiving pain
⊗ Oral sex
⊗ Sex toys
⊗ Mutual masturbation
⊗ Group sex
0-3 points – Local explorer (LE)
4-6 points – International traveler (IT)
7-9 points – Mountain climber (MC)
It’s complicated – we need to talk – Pirate King (PK)
Now you have a Sexual Personality Type™ that you can express in a sequence of numbers and letters without having to go into awkward detail. You could ask your potential partner(s) to take this test too.
I am a 1-M-30-IT.
So tell me in the comments, what are you?
*Please note this is just for fun and is not based on any scientific data or psychological research. The™ is not serious either.
If you would like to take a serious relationship quiz that gives you useful feedback – click the banner below