Having a ‘high’ metabolism is the holy grail for those of us who struggle with our weight. We see naturally slender people who can eat whatever they want and they tell us that it is because of their metabolism. Where can we get one like that?
Metabolism: The whole range of biochemical processes that occur within us (or any living organism). Metabolism consists both of anabolism and catabolism (the buildup and breakdown of substances, respectively). The term is commonly used to refer specifically to the breakdown of food and its transformation into energy.
Our metabolism is our ability to expend energy. It is the ‘calories out’ part of the traditional diet equation.
Everything is a Biochemical Process
As well as our physical functions, all of our mental and emotional activities are a result of biochemical processes as well. Thinking and feeling require complex chemical and hormonal activity. We feel our thoughts and emotions in our physical body.
Re-energise Your World
How much energy do you release from your body when you open your heart and send love to everyone you meet? How much energy is burned when you are flooded with happiness and joy? Does excitement and anticipation increase the level of vibration in your body? How many calories does laughing burn, or hugging yourself with pleasure? When you experience goose bumps while listening to beautiful music, are you increasing your metabolic function? How much more life are you experiencing when you are fully conscious of every moment?
Go beyond the purely physical means to increase your metabolism (exercise, food, cold water, frequent meals etc.) and concentrate on the transformation of your thoughts and feelings.
10 Ways to Speed Up Your Metabolism
- send thoughts of love and compassion to every single person you meet
- spend time doing something you love
- approach life with curiosity and a sense of adventure
- laugh and smile
- love yourself
- listen to music
- watch a sunset
- breathe deeply
- thank the universe for everything you experience
- squeeze the life out of every single moment by living consciously
Did you know
- Metabolism is vibrational response to your moment in time. Metabolism is the way the Energy is moving through your body. And so, everything is in response to the way you feel — everything is. Everything is mind over matter. Every disease is mental first. Everything is about thought. Everything is about vibration. Everything is about the way you feel. Practice scenarios that feel good–and never mind reality. Reality is only a brief moment in time that you keep repeating. ~ Abraham
- We are who we are, today. In this moment, this is us. We are living and breathing. We are human. We are perfectly human. With all the challenges that go with that, and all the joys. We are our body, our mind, our spirit. It is us…each of us, at this moment. It is what we have. All of it. ~ from the latest male addition to the Exposed Trail ~ Lance
- For fun ~ Intuitive Parrot Feeding (it is actually really interesting)
→ photo : zoutedrop