This talk from Thandie Newton is amazing.
Please watch it if you can. Here are the take home messages.
- Our self is a projection based on other people’s projections
- The self likes to fit, to see itself replicated, to belong. That confirms its existance and its importance
- Our self is a projection that our minds create to cheat ourselves from the reality of death
- The self’s struggle for authenticity and definition will never end unless it is connected to its creator – you and me
- When we lose ourselves we are earthed in our essence and our self is suspended
- Oneness is our connection to the infinite and every other living thing
- We need to stop living in our selves and mistaking it for life
- Live in oneness
- Honour the inevitable death of our selves, appreciate the privilege of life and marvel at what comes next
- Simple awareness is where it begins
video link here