It has all got far too serious around here. I am tired of the angst and the contemplation of my navel so it is time for some fun. You better watch out because I’m contagious!!
How can you make today the most fun it can possibly be? I’m glad you asked grasshopper …
Here is your challenge, should you wish to accept it — incorporate as many of these whacky ideas into your day as possible.
- Publicly declare your designated crazy day as “Funday”. This is especially useful when people ask you why you are doing the following things…
- Ensure that everyone you talk to smiles at some point during their conversation with you. If you are not naturally witty or can’t remember the punch line of that Michael Jackson joke, just make eye contact, smile and watch their reaction.
- Smile at a stranger especially if it’s a spunky bloke.
- Eat all your meals off the silliest plate, drink from the craziest cup and eat with your knife and fork in the wrong hands.
- Cook dinner wearing an apron and nothing else (only if it is summer and you’re not shy around your dinner guests).
- Give everyone you meet a “loaded” compliment. Don’t just say, “you look nice today”, say, “That dress you are wearing is beautiful, it really suits you. I love the flowers on it”. Chances are you will spark a conversation rather than just an automatic “thank you”.
- Say a “loaded” thank you to everyone who does something for you. To the ferry man who puts out the ramp for me to get off the boat — “You’re doing an amazing job moving that heavy thing around in this heat — thank you”.
- Wear odd socks.
- Answer the phone with a silly accent.
- Paint your fingernails green.
- Wear your watch on the wrong wrist and use it to remind you that today is Funday.
- Eat something you haven’t eaten since you were a kid — fairy floss, raspberry cordial, Vegemite on toast.
- Buy a $2 lucky dip treasure and give it to your husband.
- Use your kid’s lunch box and backpack with the Little Mermaid on it.
- Walk barefoot to and from work.
- Photocopy your face and then put it on the notice board.
- Blog in annoying colours
- Use an inappropriate word in a business meeting and then giggle.
- Sing 80’s songs you know all the words to [out loud at the gym].
- Read The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe in one day.
What kind of day would it be today if you did just a couple of crazy things? How might today be different to yesterday?
Can you think of any other spectacularly silly things to do today?
Did you know …
- Science is finding that laughter has benefits. A study from the University of Maryland School of Medicine showed that daily hearty laughing increases the blood flow by expanding stress-constricted vessels.
“A belly laugh is internal jogging,” says William Fry, associate professor emeritus of clinical psychiatry at Stanford University. Laughing involves “a great deal of physical exercise and muscular behavior” — 15 facial muscles plus dozens of others all over your body that flex and relax. Your pulse and respiration increase, oxygenating the blood. “Laughing 100 to 200 times per day is the cardiovascular equivalent of rowing for 10 minutes,” Fry calculates.
- Laughter connects us with others. Also, laughter is contagious, so if you bring more laughter into your life, you can most likely help others around you to laugh more, and realize these benefits as well. By elevating the mood of those around you, you can reduce their stress levels, and perhaps improve the quality of social interaction you experience with them, reducing your stress level even more!
→ If you need something to get in the mood … watch this (only 1 minute)
→ photo : JasonDGreat