I want you to think about the diet you are currently on, or the one that you are going to start on Monday because it worked last time you tried it and answer the following questions.
You get 1 point for ‘yes’ and 0 points for ‘no’
- Can you see yourself still on this plan in 5 years time?
- Can you eat whatever you choose, whenever you are hungry?
- Are you free from the fear of regaining what you lost?
- Can you identify the reasons why you eat?
- Do you walk, run, swim, stretch, lift, cycle, dance, and practice yoga because you love how it makes you feel?
- Are you falling more and more in love with yourself?
- Have you stopped scouring the internet for everything you can about weight loss and training looking for the one thing that will make a difference this time?
- Can you rest and do absolutely nothing without feeling guilty?
- Have you stopped hearing the voice in your head use words like fat, cow, pig, lazy, hopeless, idiot, weak, ugly, worthless, failure?
- Do you no longer view food as the enemy and hate parts of your body?
- Do you weigh yourself infrequently, if at all?
- Would you want your daughter to follow this plan?
- Are you sleeping like a baby?
- Do you have more energy than ever before?
- Do you have regular unassisted bowel movements?
- Do you naturally prefer healthy, unprocessed food most of the time??
- Have you forgotten the last time you cried but can remember the last time you laughed?
- Do you believe that there is no such thing as a trigger food?
- Are you very rarely sick or in pain living this way?
- Do you believe that losing weight happens easily, beautifully and joyfully?
Your Diet Quiz Score
Obviously, this wasn’t really a quiz but a sneaky way to point out that diets focused on restriction, deprivation and willpower are unlikely to succeed. I know that some folk are perfectly content to work hard and struggle for the body of their dreams, but there are some of us who have had enough.
Join the revolution and ditch the diet mentality forever. All you have to do is look after yourself and give your body the chance to function the way it was designed to.
Did you know …
- William L. Weis, a management professor at Seattle University, says that the obesity industries, including commercial weight-loss programs, weight-loss drug purveyors and bariatric surgery centers, will likely top $315 billion this year, nearly 3 percent of the overall U.S. economy.
- Several long-term follow-up studies have shown that the success rate of diets, over time, is dismal at best. In fact, it is estimated that approximately 95% of diets simply do not work over the long term.
- Glamour magazine’s 1983 Body Image survey showed that 76% of correspondents considered themselves “too fat”, including 45% of those classified underweight according to 1959 weight tables. Of women between the ages of 24 and 54 who diet, 76% diet for cosmetic rather than health reasons.
6 thoughts on “Are You On the Perfect Diet? Take this Quiz”
Just wanted to say HI. I found your blog a few days ago on Technorati and have been reading it over the past few days.
Hi Sue and welcome ~ I hope you enjoy your stay.
Yes, I am on the perfect DIET. One of happiness and love. I’ll take the dish on the right – merci.
Il est merveilleux pour vous voir si heureux. Ayez un excellent jour mon ami.
(I cheated and used Babel Fish)
Thank you for your comment 🙂 I’m good, too busy to blog, for once! I LOVE your new blog and I read your posts as soon as they come up-such an inspiration! I have been making progress toward eating more intuitively, myself, and it’s a challenge at times but also so freeing. Last halloween, I binged on candy and ended up immobile on the couch. This halloween, I had a few pieces and just didn’t want any after that, and went to two parties. It’s amazing how much you can do when your mind is free from all the counting and anxiety!!
Thank you for this blog, keep up the good work!
That’s fantastic news! I love hearing how the 100 day challengers are doing so well. Congratulations on the Halloween victory. It is so wonderful when food loses its hold over us.
Comments are closed.