This afternoon I will attend my ninth Bikram Yoga class in ten days. This experience has been life changing. Here are the things that have changed.
- I’ve lost weight (about 1.5kg) and my body is smaller and tighter
- My wrinkles have softened because my skin is so hydrated
- The pain in my rotator cuff is around 20% of what it used to be
- All the nicks, scratches and scabs on my skin have healed
- I’m regular at least once a day (sometimes twice)
- I can ride my bike half way up the hill before I have to get off (I used to push it the entire way)
- I don’t care if people see me in shorts and a sports bra
- The heat in the room doesn’t bother me at all now. I rarely even think about it being hot
- If I push 100% in a class I wear myself out and I’m shattered afterwards. Working at about 70% means I get through all the poses and I’m energised for the rest of the day
- I need food in my belly before I go so morning classes aren’t good for me
- The hardest part is turning off monkey mind and staying in the moment
- You never know what kind of a class you’ll have. It makes me want to keep going back because today might be the day when I fucking smash it!
- It takes more guts to sit down and rest than to keep going
- Metal water bottles heat up and boil your water (not recommended)
- The final savasana is total bliss. I stay there as long as I can
- I’m sleeping better
- My normal body temperature seems higher — I’m not cold all the time
- I love it (except when I don’t) and I’m going to keep going to class at least 4 times a week.
the Insiders' List
Enter your email below for a weekly summary of all my recent posts and free gifts that don't suck.